Saturday, 24 September 2016

My favourite healthy food places in Kensington and Chelsea

There seem to be quite a few clean eating places popping up around London. I am not gluten or lactose intolerant and I'm not vegan, but sometimes it is nice to be able to go to a restaurant that has lots of healthy options and uses high quality ingredients.

1. Jusu Brothers. JB have a really interesting menu, most of which I have no idea what it is. I had something called a "red smoothie oryoki" made from Acaï/guarana, banana berries, almond milk, topped with home-made granola, Dragon fruit, coconut, chia seeds, sesame seeds and agave. Even after eating it, I'm still pretty confused about what this actually is, but I guess it can best be described as a sort of breakfast bowl, and it's absolutely delicious! I also love the juices, which are freshly prepared.

Location: 147-149 Westbourne Grove, W11 2RS


2. Redemption. Although open all day, this place has a great evening vibe and is one of the few healthy food places to stay open in the evening. It's the perfect place to go for a drink when you don't want to have alcohol. I realise that may be a niche interest, but I love it! They have a really great menu of non-alcoholic drinks that makes me really happy! They also host some interesting events, such as "Soul food: meditation + lunch" or the "Sugar free jam". Check the website or the Facebook page for updates.


Location: 6 Chepstow Road, W2 5BH
Note on opening times: Redemption is closed on Sundays.

3. Farm Girl. This is a really cute café tucked away off Portobello Road. They do delicious food with lots of "free from" options and have a really interesting selection of teas and other hot drinks.


Location: 59a Portobello Rd, W11 3DB

4. Nama. Nama is a little raw food restaurant in Notting Hill. The food is vegan, organic and unprocessed. I had toast and smashed avocado, which was absolutely delicious.

Location: 110 Talbot Road, W11 1JR

5. Tanya's. Another little raw food restaurant, this one is in Chelsea. The venue is really beautiful with high ceilings and potted plants all around. All the food is raw living, plant-based, hand-picked, organically grown, ethically sources and free from refined sugar, dairy or gluten. And in spite of this, it's delicious! My favourite is
 the cheezecakes, which is vegan cheesecake!

Location: 35 Ixworth Place, SW3 3QX



No comments:

Post a Comment